The Video & Audio tab enables you to start a Video and Audio session.
There are two different conference options to choose from:
- Video & Audio - This will load in the left hand side of the group workspace (microphone headset is recommended).
- Audio only - This will load in the left hand side of the group workspace without video capability (microphone headset is recommended).
VIDEO and AUDIO
Once the video & audio module has been loaded into the workspace it will detect if there is one or more participants and will divide the video space up based on the size of the group.
Select the 'Allow' button to enable access to your webcam & microphone. Audio & microphone activation.
Once the Audio module has been loaded into the workspace it will detect if there is one or more participants and will divide the space up based on the size of the group.
Some objects can be added to the whiteboard by clicking on the toolbox and then clicking on the whiteboard, other controls have to be added in the following manner:
Click the Stop Whiteboard button to close the whiteboard session and return to the workspace.
The moderator and participants will be presented with the microphone and video options.
- Select the microphone and video, if not already selected, and adjust any settings.
- Test your speakers or earphone connection by playing the test sound.
- Choose the 'Done button' when ready.
Select the 'Allow' button to enable access to your microphone.
The audio uses a push to talk method of sending audio to the group. This means that when a participant or moderator wants to talk they click the Push to talk button. You can also choose to use the Handsfree option in a one to one interview, but participants and the moderator must be using a headset and microphone.
About push to talk
The audio uses a push to talk method of sending audio to the group. This means that when a participant or moderator wants to talk they click the Push to talk button.
By default the Handsfree option is selected, and it is recommended participants and the moderator use earphones or headset and microphone.
Please note: if you do not use a headset and microphone with the audio you may experience sound feedback through the group.
The Audio and Video tool uses Flash technology. To adjust the settings of the Video and or Audio session do either of the following:
1. Hover you mouse pointer over the top right hand corner of your video and or audio only icon image and the "Settings" button will be revealed - Click this button to open settings.
2. Alternatively right click on the video or audio only image and you will be shown the following options.
Select 'Settings' from the list and you will be presented with the settings options.
Make any changes to the options and then select the 'Close' button.
Choosing the microphone
By default your browser will choose the main microphone input device for your computer, but if you need to change this to something else, click the microphone icon image and select from the available microphones in the drop down list.
Choosing the webcam
By default your browser will choose the main webcam input device for your computer, but if you need to change this to something else, click the round webcam icon image and select from the available webcams in the drop down list.
Please note: this will not adjust the settings for everyone - each person has control over their own settings using a PC or Laptop device.
If you are using Google Chrome to conduct an online video and audio group there is an extra step you must follow to allow the browser to access your camera and audio.
Please note: this is a feature for the Google Chrome browser and is out of GroupQuality's control.
- After you have enabled your camera and audio, as shown in the tutorial about Video and Audio, an instruction bar will appear above the live group workspace.
- Depending on the verison of Chrome you are using, as shown in the images below, you will need to select the "Allow" button to activate your camera and audio.
Newer Chrome Browsers
Old Chrome Browsers