There are two different conferencing options:
- Video & Audio - This will load in the left hand side of the group workspace (Webcam, microphone or headset is required).
- Audio only - This will load in the left hand side of the group workspace without video capability (microphone or headset is required).
VIDEO AND AUDIO
Once the video & audio module has been loaded into the browsers workspace it will detect your camera and audio / microphone, and ask you for your permissions to access these tools. Select the 'Allow' button to enable your computer to access to your webcam, audio and microphone.
If you are using Chrome, you will be asked to complete another step by Chrome to enable you video and audio. Review this step now>>
TEST YOUR VIDEO & AUDIO NOW (This is an actual video test tool):
Once you have selected Allow it will show you the video and audio testing widget. This is what you use to make sure your audio is working and the microphone is correctly selected. It is important you check the microphone volume is loud enough to be heard by the moderator.
1. Move the microphone slider to the right, while talking, until the blue bar is bouncing to the right side of the black line.
You can also choose an alternative microphone available to you from the drop down menu, but only if the one selected is not the one you wish to use. Please note: depending on the computer you are using there may be only a default or single microphone choice.
2. You can also check you speakers are working by selecting the "Play test sound" button. We advise that you use a microphone headset or at the very least earbud earphones so that you miminise the feedback going through the microphone.
3. You should also see the webcam preview on your screen. You may also choose an alternative webcam if one is available.
AUDIO IN A LIVE SESSION
By default we select the Handsfree option and we recommended you use a set of earbud earphones or a headset and microphone.
The audio can also be used in Push to talk mode to send audio. This means when you want to talk you click the Push to talk button - only deselect Handsfree if director to by the Moderator.
Please note:if you do not use a headset with the audio you may experience sound feedback and may need to lower the volume of the audio on your computer.
The Audio and Video tool uses Flash technology. To adjust the settings of the Video and or Audio session do either of the following:
1. Hover your mouse pointer over the top right hand corner of your video and or audio only icon image and the "Settings" button will be revealed - Click this button to open settings.
The Settings window will appear.
2. To access more details settings either click on the More settings, or right click on the video or audio only image and you will be shown the following options.
Once you have opened the settings you will be present with the following options.
Make any changes to the options and then select the 'Close' button.
Choosing the microphone
By default your browser will choose the main microphone input device for your computer, but if you need to change this to something else, click the microphone icon image and select from the available microphones in the drop down list.
Choosing the webcam
By default your browser will choose the main webcam input device for your computer, but if you need to change this to something else, click the round webcam icon image and select from the available webcams in the drop down list.
If you are using Google Chrome to conduct an online video and audio group there is an extra step you must follow to allow the browser to access your camera and audio. Please note: this is a new feature for the Google Chrome browser and is out of GroupQuality's control.
- After you have enabled your camera and audio, as shown above, an instruction will appear above the live group workspace.
- As shown in the image below you will need to select the "Allow" button to activate your camera and audio.
New Google Chrome Web Browsers:
Older Chrome Web Browsers:
Also see: Reducing echo in audio and video chat >>