There are two different conferencing options:
- Video & Audio - This will load in the left hand side of the group workspace (microphone headset is required).
- Audio only - This will load in the left hand side of the group workspace without video capability (microphone headset is required).
The audio tool uses a push to talk method of sending audio to the group - a bit like using a two way radio. This means that when you or the moderator wants to talk they click the Push to talk button. You can also choose to use the Handsfree option, but you must be using a headset and microphone.
How to reduce Audio Echo.
Flash has some built in tools to help you reduce the audio echo that may occur in the group.
- Activate your Camera and / or Audio
- Hover you mouse over the video area and you will see a Settings button appear in the top right hand corner.
- Select the settings button and your flash player settings will appear.
- Select the microphone icon.
- Make sure the "Reduce echo" check box is ticked and the Record Volume level is not high enough to send the sound bar on the left into the red zone. As a general rule the sound maximum should not pass the yellow sound bar region as shown in the image below.
When you have set the Reduce Echo and Record Volume control select the the close button.
Also See: Activating your audio tools >>