Adding a question
Add a question to survey window will be displayed. Select the Add question button and the question creation window will appear.
- Enter the question in the Question text box. Add any formatting to the question using the text tools provided.
- Select the Question type
- Enter any question guide text - this text will appear in grey text directly under your question, and will enable you to optionally add any instructional text which may help participants complete the question.
- Attach an image(s) to the question. By selecting the 'Attach Image...' option it will reveal the ATTACH AN IMAGE SECTION. To add an image, select the Browse button and select an image file on your computer. Add a a text label to the image label text field.
- To add another image select the 'Add another image' button and repeat the process. (Images will be shown in your live survey as thumbnail sized images. Selecting the thumbnail image a new window will open to reveal the full size image version).
- Complete the question options based on your choice of question type.
- If you are creating screening questions, which means that respondents must answer a certain way to progress through the survey, then tick the check box next to the questions answer "Required to answer" they must select this answer to move forward. Please note: only use this option if the questions answer must be selected by a survey participant in order to move forward. If left unchecked the survey participants would simply progress through the survey as normal. This should be used only to immediately screen out participants! DO NOT select this option for all answers in a survey question. Doing this may play havoc with your survey logic and there is no need to select every answer in a question, this is the same as not selecting any answers at all.
- Is this a conditional Question. To add a condition to this question (skip-logic) select the check box 'Add skip-logic to this question',and choose the question and the required answer needed to reveal the current question you are creating.
- Select Add Question button to add the question to your survey and wait for the question to save.
- The question will be added to the list in the Questions table.
Please note: if you wish to move the question you can either drag and drop the question into the require position, or use the "Move up" or "Move down" buttons in the "Move" column.
Adding a page break
A page break will automatically be inserted before questions which have skip logic attached, but you also have the option of adding page breaks to assist with the flow of the survey questions or to break up the survey into separate subject areas.
Select the Add page break button and a new page break will be added to your survey.
Adding a text block
A text block enables you to add instructional text in your survey at any point.
- Select the Add text block button.
- Add a text block input box will appear.
- Enter and format the required text.
- When you have finished please select Add text block button.
- Text block entry will be added to the list in the Questions table.
Adding a Question Block
Your survey tool also comes with the ability to create surveys blocks which can be used to segment different questions in your survey into new branches. This allows you to present a block of questions based on the answers to previous questions in your survey.
A question block specifies the starting point at which subsequent questions can be assigned.
To create a Question block click on the Add a question block button and specify if you would like the block to appear based on the responses to previous questions.
After you have created a questions block you are ready to branch some questions. You can assign question to appear only when the question block conditions are met.
You can assign a question to a question block by selecting the Add to block button
Once you select the button a pop up window will ask you to choose the survey block you wish to a assign the questions to. Make sure you select the correct survey block.
Once the correct block has been selected choose the Add to question block button. Once saved you will know the questions are assigned to your survey block by the presence of a connected arrow located on the left hand side of the item Order number. This question will then appear when the conditions of the survey block are met.
You also have the option of moving the order of questions by selecting the Move up or Move down buttons. You may also drag and drop a question to reorder the position of each of the survey items in your table.
Edit a survey question by selecting the question edit button. Copy a question by selecting the copy button.
Select the Save and Continue button to move to the next step in the wizard.