A plan topic can be posted to the board at any time using the Add controls on the right-hand side of a moderator's or the Administrators view of the workspace.
- When a topic is posted all participants will receive the topic notification if they have been invited to the discussion, whether they have Accepted the email invitation or not (logged in the first time).
If you are looking for information about Auto-scheduling plan topics please go to the Auto Schedule help topic >
You can activate a plan topic in the board workspace by selecting the plan topic name in the Moderator's control column.
Manually posting a plan topic to the board
- Go to the board Workspace by either accessing the board workspace tab in the administration or log in to the board with a Moderator's login.
- Select the plan topic name in the Moderator's control column on the right-hand side of the workspace.
- You will be asked to confirm that you wish to have the board topic posted.
- Once you have confirmed, the selected topic will be posted to the board and the topic will be displayed on the board. Please note: All participants will receive notification that the topic has been posted only if you have chosen this option when setting up the board.
- Once posted the plan topic is added to Plan History section.
- Participants are immediately able to post a comment under the plan topic.
There is a 5 minute buffer time between activation and email notifications. This is to allow for the aggregation of plan topics into one email notification - if a more than one topic is activated within a ten minute period. This process ensures that a participant only gets one topic email notification listing all plan topics posted to the board within a ten minute period.