A theme enables you to add a logo, background colour, a background image to your discussion boards.
The logo and background colour will be seen by participants on the discussion board login screen, and all the elements in your theme will be seen once participants log into the discussion board workspace.
There are two steps in adding a them to your discussion board.
- Creating the themes
- Adding the theme to your discussion boards
Create a theme
- To create a theme go to the Settings tab area in your discussion board tool.
- Add a theme name
- Choose either a Classic board style (traditional forum) or Social style (Community feel) discussion board
- Upload a logo image file in either PNG, GIF or PNG format.
- Choose a background colour or add a "Hex Colour" number which is representative of your brand.
- Upload a background image (optional) and select your background alignment and tiling display, fixed or scrolling (optional).
- Upload a banner image (ideal size 960px x 111px) file in either PNG, GIF or PNG format.
- Specify the board title colour which sits on top of your banner.
- Select the Save theme button.
You can also delete a theme at any time by selecting the Delete button associated with the theme.
Note: you cannot 'Edit' a theme once saved. But you can create additional themes.
Adding the theme to your boards
In the discussion board creation wizard you can select to add the theme you create from the "Select a theme for your board? " drop down option.
You can also select to add or change the theme at any time from the discussion board Manage area.
- Place the board Manage area in edit mode by selecting the Edit button.
- Choose a theme from the Theme drop down menu and save.