The word cloud report section is a GroupQuality innovation which will assist you in finding data within your board transcripts.
PLEASE NOTE: Keyword clouds require you use web browser IE9 +, Firefox, Safari, or Chrome.
Word clouds are generated using the frequency of keywords in the transcripts. By default the whole transcript is analyzed.
You have the option of filtering your word cloud by:
- Participant - choose a participant to generate a keyword cloud.
- Words by a specific topic - choose all text generated during a discussion about a particular topic.
- Search for keyword associations - searching for a keyword will generate a keyword cloud using the keywords searched and words associations found in the same comment or reply.
Please note: each time you select the reload cloud button it will generate a new ordered cloud.
You also have the option of removing words from appearing in the cloud by editing stop words.
To do this, you need to first select the "Edit stop words" button and a new window will appear showing you the current default stop words for this report. You can add new stop words by typing them into the box, with each word separated by a comma (no spaces).
- You can also take a snap shot of your cloud to use in your reports and presentations by selecting the View as image (.png) button. This will open a new window with the image snap shot.
- To save the image, click the right mouse button and select either Copy image or Save image as - this may vary in its description depending on your operating system.
Conducting a transcript search from your word cloud
In the Word cloud section you can select a keyword in your resulting cloud and select it using your mouse.
- The report transcript will then open and filter your whole discussion board transcript to only show those comments and replies which include the selected keyword.
- Use this option in conjunction with the Word cloud search function to identify trends and hidden gems in your discussion.
- To close the image window simply click outside the image area and the image window will disappear.