If you would like to import yor CSV report into a word document table please complete the following:
- Save the csv file and if you have excel - Open the csv file in excel and save the file as excel.
- Open Word to a new blank document.
- Click the "Insert" menu, then the command "File" (or "Text from File" in Word 2007) and locate the CSV or excel file in the Choose a File dialog box. (The Insert File command is needed to import a data file saved in CSV or excel format.) You can also use Insert > Object > From text file. You will be asked to confirm the import using excel file conversion
- You may be shown this message: This file needs to be opened by the Excel 97-2004 Workbook text converter, which may pose a security risk if the file you are opening is a malicious file. Choose OK to open this file only if you are sure it is from a trusted source.
- Select Ok to imported data. For an excel file make sure the page is set-up in landscape and after import the resulting table make a width of about 26-27 cm.
- For CSV import (if you don't have excel) Choose the 'UTF-8' file option format if asked when importing.
- After importing, go to Edits >select all and click the "Table" menu. Then click "Convert" and "Convert Text to Table" if you want this data placed in columns and rows in Word.
You can then size and format as you need to.
GroupQuality® is a cloud based agile insights software and service that helps you capture insights with fewer resources in less time. If you need an agile method to engage customers, employees and partners, to communicate, collaborate, ask questions and quickly capture the answers, then we can help you!