The following is suggested email content for Participants in real time groups. It sets the scene for what they can expect from the experience as well as covering off on the main technical requirements they would need on their computers to successfully participate.
From experience, we know that the better prepared your participants are on the day, the lower the chance of abandoment (no-shows) and the greater the likelihood they will join the group ready to confidently participate.
(We recommend sending this email 2 days prior to the group date, following initial recruitment/screening contact).
Dear [insert participant first name]
Thank you again for agreeing to participate in our upcoming online group, [insert title of the group study], moderated by [insert Moderator's first and last name]. This email contains some important information regarding your participation.
1. The online focus group will held [e.g.THIS WEEK, TOMORROW etc], [insert day and date] commencing at [insert time] [insert time zone] sharp. The group will be open 5 minutes before start time for you to log in. There will be [insert group number less one] other participants in this group.
2. You will need to log in to the group via the Internet using a secure link, using a username and password
3. These login details will be sent to you in a separate email - IF YOU CAN'T FIND IT, PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL JUNK FOLDER AS THE EMAIL MAY BE THERE
4. Please ensure you are using a fixed, reliable, ADSL Internet connection to access this group. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO CONNECT TO THE GROUP USING YOUR MOBILE PHONE AS A MODEM (TETHERING).
5. You cannot participate in a live group using a mobile phone or mobile tablet.
6. Please click on the following link as soon as you can, using the computer you will be using for the online group. This is a systems check to ensure your computer has the correct settings to participate in the group. https://groupquality.com/browsertest/
7. The following link provides some additional information for preparing for the group https://support.groupquality.com/hc/en-us/articles/201171227-How-to-prepare-for-your-live-online-group
Thank you again for your time. We look forward to seeing you online.
[insert your name]