To make sure the group runs as smoothly as possible it is important you first prepare participants by providing them with clear instructions.
Below is an example of email content you may like to use and adjust based on your needs:
Thank you for agreeing to participate in our upcoming online focus group.
This email contains some important information regarding your participation.
- The online focus group will held next week on [insert date] commencing at [insert time] sharp. The group will be open 5 mins before start time for you to log in.
- You will need to log in to the group via the Internet using a secure link, using a username and password provided soon.
- These login details will be sent to you in a separate email on the day of the group – if you can't find it, check your email junk folder as the email may be there.
- Please click on the following link as soon as you can, using the computer you will be using for the online group. This is a systems check to ensure your computer has the correct settings to participate in the group. https://groupquality.com/browsertest/
- Please ensure you are using a fixed, reliable, ADSL Internet connection to access this group. - please do not try to connect to the group using your smart phone.
- For the best performance, we recommend using IE10+, Firefox or Chrome browser to connect to the group.
- Your identity will remain anonymous to other members in the group. We will use your first name and last initial only.
- If you are experiencing difficulties logging in to the group please contact the group organiser immediately via email [Add your email address here]or phone. [Add your phone number here.
- Following successful completion of the group, you will receive your remuneration. Any remuneration enquiries should be forwarded to email [Add your email address here].
- If you are using a work email address, sometimes organisation's firewalls prevent access to external links such as this. If this is the case and you cannot access the link via your work email, please provide an alternative email address to use for the online group.
- This is a text-based chat group discussion only and you DO NOT require a webcam. [Remove if video and audio group].
- The following link provides some additional information for preparing for the group https://support.groupquality.com/hc/en-us/articles/201171227-How-to-prepare-for-your-live-online-group-
- If for some reason you are unable to participate in the online focus group, please contact [Add your email address here]or phone. [Add your phone number here.as soon as possible so a replacement participant can be arranged.
- Please reply 'yes' to this email to confirm receipt.