As a participant of an online discussion, you have the option of uploading an image or document to accompany your comment or post.
If you are having difficulty uploading a file please use the following check list:
1. If your image or document file is greater than 50MB the system will display and error message. Please ensure your file is less than 50MB in size.
2. The following file types are accepted: PDF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, JPG, GIF, PNG, Mp4, Mpeg4 and FLV video. If you are using a file type not listed here, the system will display an error message.
3. If you have an AVI file, the best way to convert it to Mp4 or Mpeg4 is by uploading it to a Youtube account and then once converted download it and then upload to the discussion board.
4. Please make sure you adjust the video settings for recordings to minimise the file size of your mp4 video. The settings should be:
- Resolution: 720p
- Aspect ratio: 4:3
- Bit rate: 128Kbs
- Frame Rate: 25 - 30 Frames per second
- Codec: h264
You will find these in your camera settings.
You can also convert video files to a smaller size using a video compression tool. Such a tool is: http://www.macxdvd.com/mac-dvd-video-converter-how-to/compress-reduce-mp4-file-size.htm
Please note: We do not endorse or provide any guarantee or warranties for this example tool.
5. Please ensure you are using a reliable Internet connection to upload your file. The greater the file size the more demand the upload will have on your Internet connection.