When creating a discussion topic, you have the option of setting up a image-hotspot™ task. A image is uploaded to your topic and presented to the participants with a set of instruction to prompt the selection of points on the screen.
Before adding your image, first add a set of instructions in your discussion topic. An example of a general topic for an image-hotspot™ task is presented below.
We are testing our new product for men and would like you to help us choose the best package design.
Your first task is to select the best three (3) designs on the topic image.
By choosing the areas on the image, you will create a hotspot to record your selection. If you need to start again just select the "Start again" button and to save your selection, choose the "Finished Selecting" button.
If using a mouse just click the spot you would like to select, if using a mobile or tablet just touch the area you are selecting.
Once you have saved the hotspot selection, please add in the comment what you think about the shape and colour of the new product?
Once you have added your topic, select to upload the image you would like to test and add an image title – example: “A new product package”.
The recommended size for an image is a width no greater than 1000px. You want to make sure those with smaller screens can see the image, but not too large so those using mobile devices can not see the detail to select the area.
- Select the check box underneath the image “Enable participants to select hotspots for this image”.
- Once selected this will reveal a text box where you can add additional instructions up to 355 characters, try and keep the instructions sharp and to the point. Leave long explanations and descriptions for the discussion topic.
- The task instruction entered in the text box appear above the image in all web browser enabled devices connected to the internet.
- Once you have added your image, save the topic.
- To edit the hotspot image, you can select the edit button and make all the required changes.
Please note: you can add only one hotspot enabled image on each topic to ensure participants focus on the one task at a time and to facilitate transcript filtering and image-hotspot™ reporting. However, you can add multiple topics each with a image-hotspot™ task